for Foreign Secondary School Students
The 3rd Chinese Competition in Grenada
The purpose of the “Chinese Bridge”
The Chinese Proficiency Competition is to provide a stage for young Chinese language learners to display their language proficiency; to create a platform for mutual learning and exchange; to stimulate students’ Chinese learning interest and enthusiasm; and to promote Chinese language and the understanding of Chinese culture.
The 10th “Chinese Bridge” competition Grenada Preliminary is sponsored by the Consulate-General of the People’s Republic of China in Grenada and will be hosted by the Confucius Classroom at TAMCC.
“The impression of China”
Time & Location:
Date: April 14, 2017
Contestants must be –
- current college or secondary-school students in Grenada;
- between the age of 15 and 25;
- non-Chinese nationalities, neither born nor raised in China, nor speaking Chinese as first language;
- Finalists from last year’s competition may not participate.
- Speech: Each candidate is required to give a speech for no more than 2 minutes based on the given theme.
- Talent show: Each candidate is required to present a talent related to Chinese culture for no more than 3 minutes, including Chinese songs, music, dancing, opera, acrobatics, instrument, calligraphy, drawing, paper-cutting, Kung Fu...
One student for First Prize, one student for Second Prize, three students for Third Prize, and a few Awards of Excellence.
The Education Office, Chinese Consulate-General in Grenada will select winning contestants based on their overall performance in the competition to attend the semi-final and final rounds of the competition to be held in China.
Students interested in participating in the event are required to submit a short speech article (no more than 200 English words), by March 6, 2017, to JLIB_HTML_CLOAKING or to the Confucius Classroom at TAMCC.
Please also tell us your talents and submit your contact details for further information.
1. Mr. Liu Jian, Director of Confucius Classroom, TAMCC
2. Ms. Yu Xing, Chinese lecturer, TAMCC